Crossing the Blues

Alicia Silverstone gained the New Baby.ultimate early Mother's Day gift: a baby boy! Similar to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon just before them, she and hubby Christopher Jarecki travelled the nontraditional route, naming their small guy Bear Blu.

(Sounds like the best playmate for Roc and Roe, appropriate?)The "Clueless" actress, 34, welcomed the 7 pound, 15 ounce bundle of joy Thursday at a Los Angeles-area birthing center.

"We are all 3 in adore," Silverstone wrote on her blog. "I'm so grateful to this community for all of the enjoy, support, excellent wishes and pleased vibes you've sent me throughout my pregnancy ... it has been fantastic. Thank you all!"Just last year, Silverstone, who wed S.T.U.N. frontman Jarecki in 2005, was gushing about just how much she wanted a baby throughout her Broadway run as an expectant mother in "Time Stands Still.""I've been wanting to have a baby since I was 2 years old -- I'm destined to be a mother," the vocal vegan and author of "The Type Diet" told Folks. "I can't wait to be pregnant."

Mission accomplished.