Crossing the Blues

Just in: Midway through Tuesday night's "DWTS" results show, Cody Linley gave an update on the health of his pro partner Julianne Hough, who underwent surgery today.

Cody said Julianne's operation went as planned and she's now back at home resting.

Hough said her surgery will force her to take some time off from “DWTS.”
Julianne Hough is opening up about her upcoming surgery for endometriosis, saying, “I’m not worried. I’m feeling good.”
The dancer/country singer, 20, blogs on Fancast.com in a Tuesday posting about the health issue that is forcing her to drop out of DWTS for a week. (Her partner, Cody Linley, will be dancing with temporary sub Edyta Sliwinska next Monday.)
“Last week was more than just a tummy ache,” she writes of her post-DWTS emergency-room trip on Oct 21. “It turned out I ruptured a cyst that was on my ovary. I didn’t know but I have endometriosis. I’ve apparently had it for a long time because I’ve had this pain for about the last five years. It hasn’t been as bad. Up till last week, I let it go and I was always too busy to get it checked out.”
She says her mom and sister have also struggled with endometriosis, a medical condition found in 5 to 10 percent of women that involves the development of uterine-lining tissue on the surfaces of abdominal organs such as the appendix.
Hough says she wanted to tell the truth about her condition in the hopes of helping others.“Last week my management and the other people around me were trying to think of something else I could say that was wrong with me, but I was like, don’t worry,” she reveals. “I want to be a good role model. I want to be honest. Maybe some girl out there won’t wait too long like I did. I’m just glad I’m taking care of it now because I want to have babies some day.”
She says the surgery to remove her appendix will be done “laparascopically through my belly button so I won’t have a scar.”
She also says she won’t be dancing “for two weeks” but that she is eager to return to the show for a possible finale face-off with her brother Derek and his partner Brooke Burke.
source http://www.theinsider.com/news/1299112_Update_Julianne_Hough_Undergoes_Surgery